Please click on buttons to print/download a copy of this document or to download/print an entry form:
Department ‘I’ COWBOY CRAFTS
SUPERINTENDENT: Ginny Cosbey 520-455-4641 email@example.com
PROCEDURES FOR ENTERING EXHIBITS
Entry forms are available online by clicking on the ‘ENTRY FORMS’ link or at the fairgrounds office. Entry forms will also be available on Wednesday, September 13 in Pioneer Hall. We encourage you to submit your entry forms early, or you may submit them when you bring your entries to Pioneer Hall or to one of our new entry collecting sites in Rio Rico and Nogales.
Use a separate entry form for each department in which you choose to enter. For example, if you are entering a jar of jam, fill out an entry form for Department D “Culinary Arts”. If you are also entering a photo-graph, you would fill out a separate form for Department G “Photography”.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Competition is limited to Santa Cruz County and the area lying geographically and historically adjacent.
2. Every entry shall be entered in the name of the producer or the owner or his/her agent.
3. Entry tags will be furnished for each animal or article exhibited. These will be properly filled out and attached to the exhibit.
4. All exhibits and entries shall be under the complete control of the Fair Management Board and cannot be removed from the grounds before 4:00pm September 17, 2017, or by appointment.
5. Judges will award ribbons according to merit. Except where noted, the Santa Cruz County Fair utilizes the Danish system of judging. In this system, the judge does not judge one entry comparing it to another. The evaluation is made against a standard. Blue ribbons will be given to those entries which most nearly meet the highest standards established for the particular class. Red ribbons will be given to those entries which rank ‘very good’ in relation to the standards. White ribbons will be given to those entries that rank ‘acceptable’ or ‘satisfactory’.
In addition, the judge may present awards to those entries which merit recognition, i.e. Best of Show, Hon-orable Mention, and Special Award.
6. Ribbons will be awarded according to judging records. NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. THE FAIR MANAGEMENT BOARD WILL TAKE EVERY PRECAUTION TO INSURE CARE AND PROTECTION OF EXHIBITS, BUT WILL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE TO ANY EXHIBIT OR PERSON.
8. All exhibits must be prepared to conform to the special regulations of the department in which exhibited. Any EXHIBIT found offensive in any way will not be displayed or judged.
9. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Fair Management Board will be final.
10. Commercial organizations and others exhibiting articles not for competition must make arrangements for available space (call 520-455-5553).
11. Exhibitors will be responsible for transportation of exhibits to and from the Fair or to or from designated pick-up points in Nogales and Rio Rico.
12. All classes except Fine Arts have Children’s, Junior, Developmentally Disabled, and Visually Impaired Categories that will be identified in the sub-class column on the entry form (unless otherwise noted in department). Children “CH”: age 6-13: Junior “JR”: age 14-18: Developmentally Disabled “DD”: Visually Impaired “VI”. Age must be on entry form. Exhibitor must stay in age group and cannot exhibit in any other section.
13. Articles previously entered in the Santa Cruz County Fair or any other county fair may be entered & marked for display only but are not eligible for competition.
14. Fair Management is not responsible for any awards offered by private individuals or businesses.
15. The Fair Management Board has the right to reject any exhibit.
16. Animals showing disease or infestation (open or 4-H/FFA) will not be allowed to exhibit. Animals that are deemed uncontrollable or a safety hazard must be removed from the grounds upon owner/exhibitor
SPECIAL RULES—READ CAREFULLY
Open to anyone who was, is, or ever wanted to be a working cowboy. A display of handcrafts related to gathering cows, herding horses, or spare time crafts using ranch equipment.
DIVISION 001: PROFESSIONAL
DIVISION 002: AMATEUR
001 - Belt
002 - Bits
003 - Bosal
004 - Braided Rawhide
005 - Breast Collars
006 - Bridle Headstalls
007 - Bridle Reins
008 - Chaps
009 - Cinch Making
010 - Cowboy Gear
011 - Engraving
012 - Gun Holster & Belt
013 - Hacamores
014 - Halter
015 - Hat Bands
016 - Headstalls (with before picture)
017 - Hobbles
018 - Holster belt
019 - Horsehair items
020 - Horseshoe Craft
021 - Knives
022 - New Saddle
023 - Quirts
024 - Restored Old Saddle
025 - Riata Braiding
026 - Saddle Blankets
027 - Silver
028 - Spur Straps
029 - Spurs
030 - Reins
031 - Other than classified