Please click on buttons to print/download a copy of this document or to download/print an entry form:
DEPARTMENT ‘G’ PHOTOGRAPHY
SUPERINTENDENTS: Cheryl and Tom Rogos
520-455-5308 • firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURES FOR ENTERING EXHIBITS
Entry forms are available online by clicking on the ‘ENTRY FORMS’ link or at the fairgrounds office. Entry forms
will also be available on Tuesday, September 17 in Pioneer Hall. We encourage you to submit your entry
forms early, or you may submit them when you bring your entries to Pioneer Hall or to one of our new entry
collecting sites in Rio Rico and Nogales.
Use a separate entry form for each department in which you choose to enter. For example, if you are entering
a jar of jam, fill out an entry form for Department D “Culinary Arts”. If you are also entering a photograph, you
would fill out a separate form for Department G “Photography”.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Competition is limited to Santa Cruz County and the area lying geographically and historically adjacent.
2. Every entry shall be entered in the name of the producer or the owner or his/her agent.
3. Entry tags will be furnished for each animal or article exhibited. These will be properly filled out and attached
to the exhibit.
4. All exhibits and entries shall be under the complete control of the Fair Management Board and cannot be
removed from the grounds before 4:00pm September 22, 2019, or by appointment.
5. Judges will award ribbons according to merit. Except where noted, the Santa Cruz County Fair utilizes the
Danish system of judging. In this system, the judge does not judge one entry comparing it to another. The
evaluation is made against a standard. Blue ribbons will be given to those entries which most nearly meet the
highest standards established for the particular class. Red ribbons will be given to those entries which rank
‘very good’ in relation to the standards. White ribbons will be given to those entries that rank ‘acceptable’ or
In addition, the judge may present awards to those entries which merit recognition, i.e. Best of Show, Honorable
Mention, and Special Award.
6. Ribbons will be awarded according to judging records. NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. THE FAIR MANAGEMENT BOARD WILL TAKE EVERY PRECAUTION TO INSURE CARE AND PROTECTION OF EXHIBITS,
BUT WILL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE TO ANY EXHIBIT OR PERSON.
8. All exhibits must be prepared to conform to the special regulations of the department in which exhibited.
Any EXHIBIT found offensive in any way will not be displayed or judged.
9. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Fair Management Board will be final.
10. Commercial organizations and others exhibiting articles not for competition must make arrangements for
available space (call 520-455-5553).
11. Exhibitors will be responsible for transportation of exhibits to and from the Fair or to or from designated
pick-up points in Nogales and Rio Rico.
12. All classes have Children’s, Junior, Developmentally Disabled, and Visually Impaired Categories
that will be identified in the sub-class column on the entry form (unless otherwise noted in department).
Children “CH”: age 6-13: Junior “JR”: age 14-18: Developmentally Disabled “DD”: Visually Impaired “VI”.
Age must be on entry form. Exhibitor must stay in age group and cannot exhibit in any other section.
13. Articles previously entered in the Santa Cruz County Fair or any other county fair may be entered &
marked for display only but are not eligible for competition.
14. Fair Management is not responsible for any awards offered by private individuals or businesses.
15. The Fair Management Board has the right to reject any exhibit.
16. Animals showing disease or infestation (open or 4-H/FFA) will not be allowed to exhibit. Animals that are
deemed uncontrollable or a safety hazard must be removed from the grounds upon owner/exhibitor receiving
SPECIAL RULES—READ CAREFULLY
This Department is NOT eligible for the State Fair Outreach Program.
Exhibits must be solely the work of the exhibitor.
1. Maximum size: 11” x 14”, minimum size: 5” x 7”.
2. Mounting is required for all entries. For the protection of the print, it should be in a clear plastic sleeve.
3. Snapshot series: Photos must be related and captioned, telling a story or depicting an event. Limit of
six (6) prints per series. These must be mounted on a single display with a maximum size of 16” x 20”. Covering
is not required.
4. No frames or glass accepted.
5. Photos printed on anything other than photo paper, will NOT be accepted.
6. Photos may be either digital or printed from film.
7. A professional photographer is defined as someone who sells their work.
8. Ribbons will be given for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & Honorable Mention in each Division. Best of Show will also be
9. You may enter three (3) photos per Division.
DIVISIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A. Professional BLACK & WHITE
B. Professional COLOR
C. Amateur BLACK & WHITE
D. Amateur COLOR
E. Youth (age 13 & under) BLACK & WHITE
F. Youth (age 13 & under) COLOR
G. PHOTO SERIES OPEN TO ALL OF THE ABOVE
The Developmentally Disabled and Visually Impaired may enter the above divisions by designating DD or VI
next to the division. EX: A DD or A VI.