Please click on buttons to print/download a copy of this document or to download/print an entry form:
DEPARTMENT ‘G’ PHOTOGRAPHY
SUPERINTENDENT: JON RINALDI
PROCEDURES FOR ENTERING EXHIBITS
Entry forms are available online by clicking on the ‘ENTRY FORMS’ link or at the fairgrounds office. Entry forms will also be available on Wednesday, September 13 in Pioneer Hall. We encourage you to submit your entry forms early, or you may submit them when you bring your entries to Pioneer Hall or to one of our new entry collecting sites in Rio Rico and Nogales.
Use a separate entry form for each department in which you choose to enter. For example, if you are entering a jar of jam, fill out an entry form for Department D “Culinary Arts”. If you are also entering a photograph, you would fill out a separate form for Department G “Photography”.
GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Competition is limited to Santa Cruz County and the area lying geographically and historically adjacent.
2. Every entry shall be entered in the name of the producer or the owner or his/her agent.
3. Entry tags will be furnished for each animal or article exhibited. These will be properly filled out and attached to the exhibit.
4. All exhibits and entries shall be under the complete control of the Fair Management Board and cannot be removed from the grounds before 4:00pm September 17, 2017, or by appointment.
5. Judges will award ribbons according to merit. Except where noted, the Santa Cruz County Fair utilizes the Danish system of judging. In this system, the judge does not judge one entry comparing it to another. The evaluation is made against a standard. Blue ribbons will be given to those entries which most nearly meet the highest standards established for the particular class. Red ribbons will be given to those entries which rank ‘very good’ in relation to the standards. White ribbons will be given to those entries that rank ‘acceptable’ or ‘satisfactory’.
In addition, the judge may present awards to those entries which merit recognition, i.e. Best of Show, Hon-orable Mention, and Special Award.
6. Ribbons will be awarded according to judging records. NO EXCEPTIONS.
7. THE FAIR MANAGEMENT BOARD WILL TAKE EVERY PRECAUTION TO INSURE CARE AND PROTECTION OF EXHIBITS, BUT WILL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGE TO ANY EXHIBIT OR PERSON.
8. All exhibits must be prepared to conform to the special regulations of the department in which exhibited. Any EXHIBIT found offensive in any way will not be displayed or judged.
9. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Fair Management Board will be final.
10. Commercial organizations and others exhibiting articles not for competition must make arrangements for available space (call 520-455-5553).
11. Exhibitors will be responsible for transportation of exhibits to and from the Fair or to or from designated pick-up points in Nogales and Rio Rico.
12. All classes except Fine Arts have Children’s, Junior, Developmentally Disabled, and Visually Im-paired Categories that will be identified in the sub-class column on the entry form (unless otherwise noted in department). Children “CH”: age 6-13: Junior “JR”: age 14-18: Developmentally Disabled “DD”: Visually Impaired “VI”. Age must be on entry form. Exhibitor must stay in age group and cannot exhibit in any other section.
13. Articles previously entered in the Santa Cruz County Fair or any other county fair may be entered & marked for display only but are not eligible for competition.
14. Fair Management is not responsible for any awards offered by private individuals or businesses.
15. The Fair Management Board has the right to reject any exhibit.
SPECIAL RULES - READ CAREFULLY
This Department is NOT eligible for State Fair Outreach program.
1. Exhibits must be solely the work of the exhibitor.
2. Photographs will not be accepted if previously exhibited at any other County Fair. Snapshots or enlargements of the same photo may not be exhibited the same year or more than once.
3. Enlargement sizes: 5”x 7” to 11”x 14”, Snapshot sizes: 3”x 5” to 4”x 6”, Maximum mounted size: 16” x 20”
4. Snapshot series: Photos must be related and captioned, telling a story or depicting an event. Limit of six (6) prints per series and must be mounted on a single display, maximum size 16”x20”.
5. NO FRAMES OR GLASS ACCEPTED. Hard or soft cover is acceptable. Some form of mounting is required for all photographs.
6. No photos printed on canvas or metal will be accepted.
7. All photography must be the sole work of the exhibitor
8. The Photography Department will take due care, but will not be responsible for loss or damage to exhibits.
9. Due to the popularity of digital photography, film and digitals will be judged equally.
10. A professional photographer is defined as someone who sells his/her work for profit.
11. Judges will present, if merited, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons in each Division and Class. “Best of Show” ribbons will be presented, one each for the Professional, the amateur and the youth category
12. Please have your division and class designations chosen prior to entry.
DIVISION 001 - PROFESSIONAL BLACK AND WHITE PRINTS
DIVISION 002 – PROFESSIONAL COLOR ENLARGEMENTS
DIVISION 003 – PROFESSIONAL COLOR SNAPSHOTS
DIVISION 004 – PROFESSIONAL COMPUTER ENHANCED
DIVISION 005 – PROFESSIONAL COLOR SNAPSHOT SERIES
DIVISION 006 – AMATEUR BLACK AND WHITE PRINTS
DIVISION 007 – AMATEUR COLOR ENLARGEMENTS
DIVISION 008 – AMATEUR COLOR SNAPSHOTS
DIVISION 009 – AMATEUR COMPUTER ENHANCED
DIVISION 010 – AMATEUR COLOR SNAPSHOT SERIES
DIVISION 011 - YOUTH (Ages 18 and under BLACK AND WHITE PRINTS
DIVISION 012 – YOUTH COLOR ENLARGEMENTS
DIVISION 013 – YOUTH COLOR SNAPSHOTS
DIVISION 014 – YOUTH COMPUTER ENHANCED
DIVISION 015 – YOUTH COLOR SNAPSHOT SERIES
(ENTRY LIMITS ARE 2 PER CLASS)
001 People 004 Flowers/Plants 007 Action
002 Scenic 005 Skies 008 Portrait
003 Animals 006 Still Life
DIVISION 016 — OPEN TO ALL
010 — Last Year’s Fair