Santa Cruz County Fair & Rodeo Association
98th Annual Sonoita Labor Day Rodeo
"Best Little Rodeo in Arizona"
Over 700 entries & over $40,000 in cash & buckles awarded to the top contestants of the Southwest.
- Admission: $10 adults, $5 for kids ages 5-12, and little ones 4 and under get in free.
- Pre-Rodeo begins @ 12:30 p.m. daily with the Kid's Rodeo
- Main Performance Starts @ 2PM.
- Steak fry and dance to follow the rodeo on Saturday and Sunday.
- Merchandise & Concessions on site.
- All events are Central Entry except team roping on Saturday and Sunday (Jackpot Format). Day permit can be bought to rope in Monday's sanctioned team roping for $25 (unless you are a local). You must enter through Central Entry on Monday, August 26, 2013. Central Entry Events: 623.455.8339. Central Entry Team Roping 623.455.8385. Local entries taken Monday, August 19th, 4-6PM @ 520.471.7323.
- Buckles to winners every day as well as prizes awarded to 3rd place.
- MUST PRE-ENTER: Local Entries Monday, August 5th, 4-6 PM 520.471.7323
- Non- Locals, Monday August 12th, 4-6PM @ 520.471.7323.
- Mutton Bustin' - 50 lbs & under.
- Calf Riding - 12 & under.
- Barrel Racing - 5-9, 10-14.
- Entry Fees: $20, Team Roping $40
Friday Night Barrel Race - August 30th
- CASH ONLY! NBHA Co-Sanction
Sonoita Labor Day Rodeo Team Roping - August 31 & September 1
- Books Open @ 7AM. Rope @ 8 AM SHARP.
- Open w/#12 Incentive - $50/roper/ Enter 3X
- Incentive: 1.5 seconds off of first steer, .5 second off of the short round steer.
- Top 15 teams com back to the short round in perf.
- Stock Contractor: T5 & V Heart Rodeo.
- Contact: Manuel Murrietta @ 520.400.3119
- September 2nd - GCPRA Team Roping: Need to pre-enter with GCPRA Central Entry.
Will Cow Milking & Wild Horse Race $150/team. Pre-entries 520.471.7323
- All entries are CASH only - NO CHECKS.
- Western Dress code strictly enforced at all times.
- Contestants enter free. All others pay $10 admittance each day.
- Contestants no day parking fees. All others at contestant gate must pay $5 parking.
- Overnight campers pay a $10 per night dry camp fee. NO HOOK UPS AVAILABLE.
- Stall rental available for $10per night,on a first-come first-serve basis.
August 31st - September 2nd